Wednesday, July 15, 2009

TIME IS JUST BLOWIN' IN THE WIND

Here I am just chillin' like a villain.  I really need to put the brakes on this summer.  The weather has been excellent and days just continue to rush on by.  I have a theory that has been proven correct in the past couple of years.  Time is not absolute, it is relative.  When we had that massive under water earthquake a few years back, the impact caused the earth's rotation to slow, ever so slightly.   Based on this fact, I believe that time goes by faster relative to amount of fun you are having.  The more fun, the faster it moves.  There are some people that are so boring that when they talk, the sun stands still.  There are some people that are so fun, that time speeds by when they are around.  My handlers have some friends, Rochelle is one of them, and she is always very fun.  Time races by when she is around.  

Rochelle commented on yesterdays, post, noting that "redneck women don't just wear tube tops, but they wear them to weddings."  They also wear camouflage wedding gowns.  Rochelle would know, she was raised in a boat floating on the sea of rednecks.  She has been paddling against that prevailing cracker current for years.

Enough of the redneck talk for now. . .

Today I want to focus my attention on one of my passions; Lacrosse!!!  I know, most people don't really care about the fastest game on two feet, but it is so much fun to play.  I play every morning with a few of my mates and I dare anyone to play lacrosse and continue playing baseball.  Soccer is tame in comparison to lacrosse.  It is the perfect blend of the physicality of football, the speed of hockey, and athleticism of basketball.  Girls lacrosse and boys lacrosse are the most overlooked and under appreciated sports in the world.  Before the recent arrival of MMA, lacrosse was the fastest growing sport in the U.S..   

Besides the fun of playing, it is a fast paced game, which makes it great to watch.   Also, it is the oldest game in America, it is a Native American war game.  For all the guilt-laden white people, it is a form of giving back to the Native Peoples that we have wronged for the last 400 years.  My handlers like to play with me too.  Unfortunately, they have yet to find a way to slow me down.  My stature combined with superior athleticism makes me a tough one to stop.  I also, possess otherworldly stick work.  

I love most sports.  I just love some more.   It is kind of like ice cream.  You can't go wrong with ice cream.  I mean, its ice cream for heaven's sake.  I just like some more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment