Saturday, July 18, 2009

EXPLOSIVES!!!!!!

Where does the primal need to blow things up come from?  Maybe its not the need to blow things up, but the desire to.  Maybe it is the desire to watch glowing lights in the sky accompanied by a loud boom!  From my p.o.v., that of a small red dog, it seems to be a innate desire shared by the male population of human primates.  Most of the women do not seem to be driven to create, set off, spend money on, and full on get into fireworks.  Many little boys want to play army and blow things up.  Many boys dream of flying planes and blowing things up.  Where does this come from?  Some women may be offended by this because they are the 1% that enjoys this type of activity too.  However, I am confident that a majority of women do not lay in their beds at night thinking of the explosion that would result from stringing 4 M-80s together.  If I am missing a whole chunk of the female population, then I will apologize.  Please respond with signed testimonies and photographic evidence.  

Speaking of blowing things up and flying planes, I have always wondered about some of the weapons employed in war.  I understand swords, guns, and tanks.  However, who dreamed up flame-throwers?  Is this person embarrassed?   Did it come out of a armament committee meeting where some guy finally said, "You know the other day I got really angry at my neighbor and I really wished I could have thrown fire on him.  I know that doing that is dangerous and I wouldn't want to get burned, so I rigged up this little number that will do just the trick."   The flame thrower seems to be about the worst way to kill someone.  I am going to stand here and burn you up while you stand, over there.  Just imagine the agonizing screams of the people as they are burning up.  Yikes!!!!   Bru-tal!

What about land mines?  I understand that some of them are just suppose to maim and not kill.  Do we really need that?  Some of these mines look like toys to attract little kids.  Honestly, who not only thinks this up, but gets funding for this?  All over the world armies of salesman are trying to get their ideas funded.  Most of them are things to make people's lives easier, like the Shamwow!!  Most of these ideas go unfunded and never make it to the market place.  But not in the case of the land mine that looks like a child's toy.  Not only did some psychopath have the cajones to build a business plan behind this idea, but then someone pitched it to the funding group.  Talk about knowing your client.  I imagine that the pitch went something like this,  "Look I know that you guys are a bunch of sick individuals with a strong desire to send a message.  We want to help you out.  We have just the product for you; an explosive that looks like a toy!!!  Nothing sends a message like hurting a bunch of little kids.  You will be known worldwide as the most depraved group ever.   Hell will have a special place for you."  

We dogs, we sniff each other in odd places, we mark our territory all over the place, and sometimes get into a spat, but none of the dogs I know are booby trapping each other's toys.     

No comments:

Post a Comment