Friday, July 10, 2009

I AM BIG IN JAPAN!!!!

Technically in the photo I am eating American/Chinese, however, I have mad respect for the Japanese.  I think the Chinese are cool too.  Actually, I find most cultures fascinating, but the Japanese really float my boat.  

The Japanese developed for a long period of time in a very homogeneous society with strict class restrictions. This made for a sweet history.  Anytime, you have a "warrior class", I give you mad props.  

Start with  the samurai.  Rockin' sword skills and a strict code of honor.  Follow up with Ninjas and all of their gnarliness:  throwing stars, under the cloak of darkness stealthiness, and weapons galore.  If there were no samurai, we would never have had Jedi Knights.  George Lucas you owe Japan huge!

Not to sound too self-centered, but (isn't that what blogs are for?), I throw a mean star.  When I clutch them with my bulbous mitts, throwing stars become more dangerous than Chuck Norris on day 4 of a 3 day bender.  I have been known to core a wolverine at 300 yards.  Last summer, I went Sasquatch hunting with only throwing stars and and my samurai sword.  The sword was for hacking through the brush and scratching my back.  I trophied 3 Sasquatches.  My taxidermist charged me extra due to their ginormity.  I often nap in the talon like fangs of the adult male Sasquatch.  That trip, however, is a story for another blog entry.  

Back to Japan, sweet samurais, rockin' ninjas, shoguns, feudal warfare, and crazy sweet weapons, what a history.  I LOVE JAPAN!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment